Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Treasure Chest

My son recently went to a little girl's Pirate themed birthday party, so I had the idea of making her a treasure chest.




 I began with a wooden chest purchased from Michael's.  I painted it white and chose a color scheme of pink and purple.  I drew out the lines for the stripes and painted them with acrylic paint.  I had also purchased wooden letters, which were painted and glittered and then glued on with Elmer's Glue.  I finished the outside with purple and pink jems (our course!!)


 
 
For the inside I cut coordinating glittered card stock from Michael's, so that it would fit the cover and the bottom.  Finally, what is a treasure chest without treasure, so in a went some chocolate, purple and pink foil wrapped coins from Party City!! :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment