Pages

Friday, November 15, 2013

Thanksgiving Turkey Wreath

A couple of weeks ago my older daughter and I went to the Midnight Madness sale at AC Moore and I found fabric squares that I thought would be a great background for a Thanksgiving Turkey Wreath. 

 
I used a Styrofoam wreath covered in fabric strips and then free cut the feathers, glued them with hot glue and kept layering.  For is face, I traced a bowl onto stiff felt and for his eyes I traced large googly eyes and a dime onto black and white felt.

Once I got started, I couldn't stop with his feathers, I just kept layering.  I think it was about 1:00 a.m. when I stopped.  My older daughter helped me with his beak and the little ones had their input as well (good and bad).  It was a family affair.

No comments:

Post a Comment